Sunday, September 04, 2005

Blog-o-scape sullied once more

I wholeheartedy accepted my invitation here to spread my opinions like so much spongy, sweet, and distinctly evil marshmallow fluff over the peanut butter sandwich that is this blog. I plan on bringing the aftertaste that you enjoy but feel wrong about liking.

I thought for my first post here I'd jump in on the whole Katrina discourse. Why wasn't the country better prepared for this? I mean New Orleans is below sea level, and hurricanes hit the gulf coast. Shouldn't there have been more of a plan and a faster way to recover, espescially given our dependancy on the oil refineries there? But amidst all the tragedy ( all kidding and ranting aside this is really awful) and confusion, all I can think about is this guy who used to stand on bourbon st with a big sign asking everyone to repent while he yelled that god's wrath would come if we didn't clean up our acts... I wonder if he belives he was right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home