Tuesday, September 27, 2005

So Long Free New York Times

Not that it's going to have much of an effect on the general public--Times readers aren't likely to be significantly less informed in the wake of the changeover to a pay site--but I have to say I'm disappointed by the decision to go to a subscription web service. Now I just have to decide if I want to pay for it. After that, I've got to decide if I want to pay the extra cash to have the paper delivered. I mean, if I'm paying for it anyway, isn't it nice to have an actual paper?

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

1 Comments:

Blogger 23skidoo said...

My comment is that it's time for you to be introduced to British media... My favorite is the Guardian, London's lefty mainstream rag, http://www.guardian.co.uk. Take your pick among the Times and Independent as well. Times is more conservative, but has Parliament schedules for political junkies.

For some more exotic p.o.v.'s, look at the English version of China's Xinua. There are other American newspapers, too, but I admit NYTimes was my US mainliner for a long time also.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home